Girls Varsity Softball
Softball tryouts will start Feb.19th @ 1 pm on the softball field Weather permitting and we go till 3-3:30 pm. Please have all your softball equipment with you for tryouts as well dress for the weather. Make sure you have all your paperwork done before tryouts. After Monday Tryouts will be from 3:30 pm till 6-6:30 pm the rest of the week. We look forward to seeing you all at Tryouts
Thursday September 7th, Will be our Softball Season Kickoff/ Interest Meeting. The Meeting will Start at 3:30pm in the Driver’s Ed Classroom. We look forward to seeing all of you there.
Softball 2018 Tryouts
Things we all need to have done before tryouts!!!!!!
1)VHSL Physical dated after May 1, 2017 <--Form found HERE
2)Emergency Care Card <--Form found HERE
3)Participation Policy <-- Form found HERE
4) Concussion test Education for Students and Parents
If your physical indicates that you are prescribed a rescue medication such as an inhaler or EPIPEN, they must be present on the sidelines in order to participate.
Tryouts for the 2018 season will start on Monday February 19th at 3:45-6pm. This is for both Varsity and JV tryouts. We will meet on the softball field weather permitting. Please contact Coach Fleury if you have questions. There will be a JV team!!!
Make sure you have ALL your forms done they are listed on the website.
Also make sure you have all your softball equipment for tryouts as well as clothing for both cold and warm weather conditions. (Tennis shoes,Cleats, NO shorts) T
Tryouts will be from the 19-22 Feb.
Start date: TBA
Where: Softball Field
Time: 4:45 - 6:00
Must Have... 1. Physical on record with trainers
2. Emergency Care Card turned in to coaches
3. Concussion Test
Equipment: Bring all necessary softball equipment and what ever you would think is necessary to workout in the current weather conditions.
The following are the key areas the coaches will focus on to determine the roster for the 2018 Softball Varsity and JV teams.
1. Attitude - positive, passionate, obvious that you want to be on Westfield's team, excited for opportunity, always hustling, listening to coaches
2. Conditioning - stamina, core strength, speed and agility
3. Throwing - proper Westfield throwing mechanics, accuracy, strength
4. Hitting - proper Westfield hitting mechanics (gap to gap), contact, bunting (slapping) and power
5. Fielding - proper mechanics, fundamentals, and play making ability
6. base running - proper mechanics, speed, savvy and sliding
6. Softball IQ - examples include throwing to correct base or hitting cutoff, understanding game situations, communication
Softball Interest Meeting on Thursday Feb.15th at 3:30pm the Driver’s Ed Classroom. We look forward to seeing all of you there.
Here are all Mandatory things needed for tryouts. VHSL physical on record with the trainer's office, completion of concussion testing player/parents, and providing the emergency care card to Coach. You can not tryout if you don't have Physical and Concussion done.
Softball Tryouts Feb.19-22