Bulldog Student Athletes and Parents –
In preparation for the Winter Athletic Season there is a lot to do! This email provides you with information such as paperwork check list and details about our Winter Sports Town Hall.
Please see below for a check list to help ensure all your forms are in and complete. Several forms have been added to our new registration process to maximize the use of this data collection and to minimize handling of any paper.
Please make sure you have completed all of them. This may require that you log back into your athletic registration account. It is more important than ever to make sure we know who is going to show up for tryouts for our winter sports.
Please go through this list carefully as things have been added!
- Have you communicated with the head coach that you are interested in trying out? Contact and emails can be found here. Look for Coaches Info
- Have you handed in a hard copy of your VHSL Physical form? The form can be found here VHSL 2020 Physical Form. Hard copies can be scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in the Activities Office.
- New this year! Have you completed the online Athletic Registration? This Registration Link will allow you to complete the following: Emergency Care Card, Concussion Education, Weight room form, Drivers form, field trip form.....ALL of these are required of athletes.
The Westfield Activities Office is excited to host an Winter Sports Town Hall Meeting, Monday November 23, 2020 from 6:30 – 7:30pm. A link will be sent out via e-Notify on November 23.
The focus will be on the start up of winter sports. The Winter Sports Town Hall will be recorded for those that are unable to attend. If you have questions you would like answered during the Winter Sports Town Hall please complete this FORM
We will try to answer as many questions possible during our Winter Sports Town Hall and will use these questions to guide our presentation.
If you would like to explore transportation options to tryouts the week of Dec 7 (Basketball ) or the week of Dec 14 (winter track, swim & dive, gymnastics and wrestling), please complete the following questionnaire: Tryout Transportation Questionnaire.
We are looking forward to seeing our athletes. We are finalizing our tryout schedule and hope to have those dates posted on our website www.westfieldathletics.org by next week.
Thank you Bulldogs, for your continued support and patience as everything is evolving!
Terri K Towle
Director of Student Activities
Westfield High School
Beginning Tuesday November 3, 2020, FCPS activities and athletic programs will transition to a new online student athlete registration system. This new system offers a host of benefits for schools and community members including:
- Electronic submission of the emergency care card and weight room waiver- to be kept in the Activities Office
- A new online procedure for the annual state-mandated concussion education program
- Weight Room Permission Form
Each family will create an account HERE and from this account, can register their student(s) for various athletic opportunities for the current school year. While registering does not guarantee a spot on the team, this information will help to ensure your student is ready to go on the first day of tryouts. Students can be registered for one or more activities throughout the year and families can sign in as needed to update information. It will be necessary to update this information each school year.
Please note the following:
- There are multiple steps to registering. Go to the site below and create your account. An email will be sent to you with a link that will allow you to begin the 7 step registration process. Once the 7 steps are complete, you are then registered.
- You will still need to submit a valid VHSL Pre-participation Exam Form (physical) directly to the school prior to your student’s participation; all other requirements will be completed through this registration process. A hard copy of a completed physical is still required. The physical form can be found HERE The hardcopy of the form can be dropped off in the student activities office or emailed to our head athletic trainer Shandi Partner email@example.com
- Families who have already submitted their emergency care card and/or concussion education form will be asked to verify completion again as part of the registration process. We do apologize for this inconvenience- please bear with us as we make this transition.
- This process will help us minimize paper collection, streamline data entry, run compliance reports, and become more efficient within the Activities Office.
If there are any questions, please contact the Student Activities Office
Assistant Director of Student Activities Office - Isaac Bumgardner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant - Tina Tagliavia - email@example.com
Thank you Bulldogs for supporting this effort!
Director of Student Activities
Westfield High School
As of September 1, this is the information that we have for when sports will begin tryouts:
Modified Winter Season:
Boys and Girls Basketball - December 7, 2020
All other winter sports (Wrestling, Indoor Track,...) - December 14, 2002
Modified Fall Season:
Football and Cheer - February 4, 2021
All other fall sports (Cross Country, Field Hockey,...) - February 15, 2021
Modified Spring Season:
All sports (Lacrosse, Outdoor Track...) - April 12, 2021
In order to participate in optional ongoing team workouts athletes must have a physical (dated after May 1, 2020) on file beginning September 8. Additionally, we must have an emergency contact form with up to date information and have completed the required Concussion Education.
The physical can be found under Files & Links on this site. You can return the physical by:
1. Scanning and Emailing the completed signed forms to our Head Athletic Trainer, Shandi Partner
2. Returning completed forms to your head coach
3. Dropping off in the Main Office (8am - 1pm)
We will now collect Emergency Care Card (EC) information and Concussion Education (CE) completion ONLINE. Please go to https://westfield-ar.rschooltoday.com/ to register all athletes in your family for Athletics this year. This completed registration will fulfill the EC and CE requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact the Activities Office
2020 Hall of Fame - Induction Ceremony & Dinner
Please join us in honoring our 2020 Hall of Fame inductees by attending the Induction Ceremony & Dinner on Sunday, April 26th at 4pm in the Westfield Gymnasium. $20 per guest. Click here to view the invitation, register and pay: https://www.westfieldathletics.org/main/otherbooster/id/163041
The 2020 Hall of Fame Inductees are: Jessica Deegan, Beau Donahue, Mike Glennon, Paul Grinups, Nathan Kiley, Tasia Potasinski, Samantha Spees, 2007 Football State Championship Team & 2011 Boys Swim & Dive State Championship Team.