Boys Freshman Football
The following three forms must be completed and turned in to be eligible to begin practice on Monday, July 30, 2018. 1. VHSL Physical Form 2. Emergency Care Form 3. Player Information Form. (All of this paperwork is separate from any paperwork previously submitted to participate in the conditioning program.) The physical must not be dated prior to May 1. The papers can be turned in to Coach Shepherd or any other football coach throughout the summer. Copies of the forms can be found in team files.
Students interested in playing freshman football at Westfield during the 2018 fall season should contact Coach Shepherd via email at email@example.com Freshman football will offer spring conditioning sessions starting in March. Stay tuned for announcements and dates.
Parent/student concussion education program for 2018-2019 is now available through the FCPS website: www.fcps.edu/sports. It is important that the instructions for what web browsers work is read. If you find you are having difficulty completing the program, please feel free to contact Mrs Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org. All athletes and at least one parent need to complete it. It is advised that when a parent complete it that they have the student ID numbers for all kids they may have participating in athletics
- Westfield Youth Football Camp: June 18 - June 21
- Westfield Football Summer Team Camp: July 16 through 19 from 5:00 until 8:00 pm. Freshman players are encouraged to attend.
- First Day of Practice will be Monday, July 30 at 8:00 am
- May 1st is the earliest possible day players may get their VHSL Athletic Physical. Make your doctor's appointment now.
- Wednesday, June 13 is Athletic Physical Night at Westfield.
- Spring Conditioning for Freshman Football will begin on Monday, March 19.
See handout in Team Files for the schedule of summer workouts for Westfield Football.