Boys Freshman Football
First Day of Freshman Football Practice will be Monday, August 5
- Paperwork collection and helmet issue will start at 7:30 am. We will meet at entrance #11.
- We would like to start practice at 8:00 am.
- Players should come dressed in shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Players should have football cleats with them.
- We suggest players pack a bag with a change of clothes for after practice.
- Players should pack a bagged lunch for after practice.
- The day's activities will consist of one morning practice then meetings after practice for orientation to our football program.
- Players will be dismissed to go home each day by 2:00 pm.
The First Week's Schedule
- Monday, August 5: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 6: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 7: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Thursday, August 8: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Friday, August 9: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Saturday, August 10: 8:00 - 11:00 am
Students interested in playing freshman football at Westfield during the Fall 2019 season should contact Coach Shepherd via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The off-season conditioning program for freshman football will begin on March 25.
For planning purposes, Fall Practice will begin on Monday, August 5. Westfield will be having a Football Team Camp July 22 - 25.
To be eligible to practice on Monday, August 5, players must have each of the following forms completed and turned in.
1. 2019 VHSL Athletic Physical 2. Emergency care Form 3. Player Information Form 4. Concussion Education
Note: The paperwork needed to participate in the spring conditioning program is separate from the paperwork to practice on August 5. Paperwork can be turned in at any of the spring/summer conditioning sessions or before practice on August 5.
Westfield football players will need to purchase their own football cleats and a padded football girdle.
Cleats - Should be predominantly black and can have white or gold accents. (Our uniform colors are black and vegas gold)
Padded Girdle - Each player will need to purchase their own padded football girdle.. The girdle can be 5 or 7 padded. It might be a good idea to have two girdles to take the stress out of doing laundry so frequently.
Westfield High School will provide all of the other pads and uniforms needed to play football.
See the flyer posted in Team Files for details of our summer conditioning program.
Beginning June 17
Monday: Weight room 8:00 - 9:30 am and 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Tuesday: F@ST (Football At School Training)
Thursday: Weight room 8:00 - 9:30 am and 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Friday: F@ST (Football At School Training)
The Westfield Football Program is offering two summer camp opportunities.
1. Youth Football Camp: June 17-20 from 5:30 - 8:00 pm.
2. Westfield Football Team Camp: July 22-25 from 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Copies of the camp flyer can be found in Team Files. If players are not able to attend both camps, The team camp (week of July 22) is the preferred camp to attend..