Girls Varsity Volleyball
New this year! This registration must be completed before tryouts, which begin on February 15th.
Each athlete trying out or participating in a sport must complete this registration BEFORE tryouts. Use this Registration Link to fill out the following forms:
- Emergency Care Card
- Concussion Education
- Weight Room Form
- Drivers Form
- Field Trip Form
All of the above forms are required of athletes.
Each athlete planning on trying out needs to turn in a VHSL Physical Form. This form can be found here: VHSL 2020 Physical Form.
Hard copies can be scanned to email@example.com or dropped off in the Activities Office at Westfield High School.
Have you contacted Coach Shoemaker that you are interested in trying out?
Please email Amy Shoemaker, Head Girls Volleyball Coach: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tryouts will be held starting on February 15th, 2021.
Please go to "TEAM FILES" to see the calendars for January 2021 - April 2021: these are schedules for tryouts and then practice/game times if you make the team. If you make a team, your attendance at practices and games are mandatory.
Also under "TEAM FILES" is a document that lists what coaches are looking for at each level during tryouts. Please read through this before Tryouts.
Here are some procedures for tryouts Feb 15 - 18:
- I will send the QR code/form on Monday before tryouts/practice
- Please fill this out in your car when you arrive to tryouts/practice
- Then after you fill out the form and submit it you may then get out of your car and walk to Door 11 – You are to always enter through this door
- A coach will greet you at Door 11 and will go over the form with you and take attendance
- You will then enter the gym and get the nets set up and ready to go
- Practice will start promptly at 3:30, Check in will start at 3:05 (may change to 3:15) for 10/11/12 graders
- Practice will start promptly at 5:45, Check in will start at 5:30 for 9th graders – you will put away the equipment after practice is done.
- When you leave practice you must leave through door 13
- Must have a mask on at all times
- Must bring your own water bottle
- Must come dressed and ready to go – other than putting on knee pads and changing shoes – no locker rooms
- There are hand sanitizing stations in the gym
- Equipment will be sprayed every 45 minutes
- For Tryouts you will need to wear a shirt with either your name written on it (in marker) or a name tag of some sorts using duck tape/masking tape- you will need to come with this
- Bags/stuff can be put along the walls of the gym
Remember all paperwork must be turned in before Feb 15! If you are not sure visit westfieldathletics.org and/or call AD office 703-488-6400